Full time remote-work has necessitated a serious home-workstation. This post is dedicated to the gear that is part of my setup.
(Please ignore my poor cable management.)
- Desk : IKEA SKOGSTA 92” Dining Table
- Chair : Secretlab TITAN (SoftWeave Charcoal Blue)
- Computer : Apple Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013) [ 3.0 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 CPU, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Memory, AMD FirePro D300 2GB GPU, 1 TB SSD ] - Drives the three displays.
- Keyboard : Apple Magic Keyboard
- Trackpad : Apple Magic Trackpad 2 [ Silver ]
- Mouse : Apple Magic Mouse 2 [ Silver ]
- Other Computer(s) on Desk :
- Tablet : Apple iPad Pro (2021, M1, 11-inch, Space Gray, 512GB, Wi-Fi)
- Monitors :
- Monitor Riser : Dual Monitor Bamboo Riser
- UPS : CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1000W - Lives underneath the desk.
- Webcam : Logitech Brio
- Audio Interface : Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo
- Studio Headphones : AKG Pro Audio K240 Studio Headphones
- Other Headphones : Apple AirPods Max (Sky Blue)
- Microphone : Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone
- Boom Arm : Samson MBA48-48 Microphone Boom Arm
- Speakers : Apple HomePod mini (x2)
- Apple AirPods [2nd generation]
- Lights :
- Computer Stand : OMOTON Vertical Laptop Stand
- Storage : IKEA ALEX 9-Drawer Unit [ White ] - Not Pictured
- Dongles & Cables :
- Amazon Basics XLR Microphone Cable - 25 feet
- Amazon Basics HDMI Cable - 6.5 feet
- Cable Matters 5-feet Cat6 Ethernet Patch Cable
- StarTech Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter
- Anker USB-C to HDMI Adapter
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 Cable
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- Stouchi USB-C Extension Cable - 6 feet
- Apple USB-C Charge Cable - 2 feet
- Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter
- Amazon Basics 8-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
- Netgear 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch
- Anker PowerPort Atom PD 2
- Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable (1.2m, Black)
- MillSO 1/4 to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter TRS
- Accoutrement :
This setup has been a project for the last few years since I moved into the new space. In it’s earliest forms, it looked something like this…
Same core monitors but with books as risers and a folding table holding it all up. Yikes! Eventually, I bought the foundation as you see below… beautiful.
…and for a time my MacBook Pro ran the show.
Thanks for reading!