Full time remote-work has necessitated a serious home-workstation. This post is dedicated to the gear that is part of my setup. This post has been kept updated to reflect my current desk setup, so far even through 2022.
(Please ignore my poor cable management.)
- Desk : IKEA SKOGSTA 92” Dining Table
- Chair : Secretlab TITAN (SoftWeave Charcoal Blue)
- Computer : Apple Mac Pro 6,1 (Late 2013) [ 3.0 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 CPU, 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Memory, AMD FirePro D300 2GB GPU, 1 TB SSD ] - Drives the three displays.
- Keyboard : Apple Magic Keyboard
- Trackpad : Apple Magic Trackpad 2 [ Silver ]
- Mouse : Apple Magic Mouse 2 [ Silver ]
- Other Computer(s) on Desk :
- Tablet : Apple iPad Pro (2021, M1, 11-inch, Space Gray, 512GB, Wi-Fi)
- Monitors :
- Monitor Riser : Dual Monitor Bamboo Riser
- KVM Switch : CKL USB 3.0 2x3 HDMI KVM Switch Triple Monitor 2 Port Extended Display
- Laptop Dock : OWC Thunderbolt Dock
- UPS : CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1000W - Lives underneath the desk.
- Webcam : Logitech Brio
- Audio Interface : Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo
- Studio Headphones : AKG Pro Audio K240 Studio Headphones
- Other Headphones : Apple AirPods Max (Sky Blue)
- Microphone : Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Studio XLR Microphone
- Boom Arm : Samson MBA48-48 Microphone Boom Arm
- Speakers : Apple HomePod mini (x2)
- Apple AirPods [2nd generation]
- Elgato Stream Deck [MK.1]
- Lights :
- Computer Stand : OMOTON Vertical Laptop Stand
- Fan : Dyson Pure Cool TP01 [White/Silver]
- Storage : IKEA ALEX 9-Drawer Unit [ White ] - Not Pictured
- Dongles & Cables :
- Amazon Basics XLR Microphone Cable - 25 feet
- Amazon Basics HDMI Cable - 6.5 feet
- Cable Matters 5-feet Cat6 Ethernet Patch Cable
- StarTech Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Video Adapter
- Anker USB-C to HDMI Adapter
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 Cable
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- Stouchi USB-C Extension Cable - 6 feet
- Apple USB-C Charge Cable - 2 feet
- Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter
- Amazon Basics 8-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
- Netgear 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch
- Anker PowerPort Atom PD 2
- Apple Lightning to 3.5mm Audio Cable (1.2m, Black)
- MillSO 1/4 to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter TRS
- Accoutrement :
This setup has been a project for the last few years since I moved into the new space. In it’s earliest forms, it looked something like this…
Same core monitors but with books as risers and a folding table holding it all up. Yikes! Eventually, I bought the foundation as you see below… beautiful.
…and for a time my MacBook Pro ran the show.
Thanks for reading!