- I found this random reference to my site while doing some deep Google hunting. Weird…
- The Tesla Shark is live!
- This years AMA was not a rousing success, though I did get some OK engagement. Oh well, that sub has been on the downslide for a little while now unfortunately.
- I hosted a Twitter Space for the first time. Was pretty easy to figure out. Interesting too that people without Twitter accounts can tune in.
- After posting my big-book on threat modeling, I was curious what other XL (>10k words) posts I had published over the years. Here’s the list…
- A 5 Year Infosec Education Retrospective (~19k, and growing…)
- Vulnerability Management Bootcamp (~15k)
- The Enchiridion of Impetus Exemplar (~10k)
- Update: With the drop of v2 of my Threat Modeling guide, this post is now over 17k words!
- Interestingly, my next “largest” post (strictly by word-count) is technically my infosec blogs compendium with ~6k words.
- My last 3 posts all had titles which began with “The”. Strange, as I did not plan that…
- @QWORDsmith is back on the podcast this year for !
- I really hate when I screw my podcast audio up by not speaking enough into the mic. I try to up the gain in post but that just accentuates the static/bg noise and the entire track becomes rather unlistenable.
- 1 of the 45 podcasts on this random Reddit list. In fact, someone reached out to me because of this list to come on the show!
What I’m Learning
- I’m going to be focusing some attention on engineering AppSec automation pipelines.
- My trusty trashcan Mac Pro (2013) will not be supported by macOS Ventura. Looks like I’ll be in the market for a new daily driver. Now I’ll need to decide whether to go M1 or pick up a 2019 Mac Pro…
- Once again, I’m telling myself I’ll be hitting the gym and getting more active. I’ve even started getting out in the mornings and doing some hiking!
- Finished season 1 of Severance on Apple TV+. A little trippy…
- Finished the Boys Season 3 - epic.
- I’ve been binging Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Helped out at SANSFIRE 2022.
- Considering migrating from Notion to Obsidian. I literally just switched from Simplenote to Notion but I just find Notion soooo slow!
Meadow meets the sky,
Who am I?
Long lost, awanderin’ afloat.
Again on the mountain, I wrote.
Leafy streams, that endless babble.
Not a poet… though I dabble.