2021 was a pretty action-packed year. I take some time later in this entry to reflect on the last 12 months, as well as look to next year and what it may bring.
- Over 200 named vulnerabilities recorded. Fun stuff.
- Out w/ the old and in with the new. I have a new (slightly tweaked version of the old) logo! Posting the old one here for posterity’s sake.
- I have a new episode out (finally).
- I also have some guests lined up for the new year.
What I’m Learning
- I plan to finally start the WEB-300 (OSWE) training from Offensive Security once the new year begins. This is decent timing as I suspect I’ll be doing far more appsec + pentesting this year…
- Picked up the 15-key Elgato Stream Deck. I have a few ideas for what to do with this ranging from Twitch streaming, to home-automation and more… This writeup from MacStories really inspired me to get the device as I think it has more versatility than just for streaming.
- Played bball once. Was a great workout but was sore for about a week. Hopefully can get more of this in next year.
- The Book of Boba Fett just started streaming yesterday. Will be getting into this very soon.
- Hawkeye on Disney+ has been far more entertaining than I originally expected. Though the ending of the season was a bit weak imo.
- ‘twas the season. I’ll share some of my must-watch Xmas movies…
- TSLA .
- Cyberwhistle. That is all.
- I may not have the Cybertruck yet, but I do have this.
- I need to commission a Cybershark.
A Year in Review and the Path Forward
2021 has been yet another “year of the pandemic”, but it didn’t stop me from getting at least a few things accomplished…
It’s been a wild and (by some metric) successful year for me professionally. Here’s to more new and exciting things in the near future!
The blog/site saw a complete design overhaul, 20+ new pieces of content, addition of a digital resume, my online journal - the Captains Log, start of The Shellsharks Podcast, the first annual >Shark Week and plenty more.
I did a healthy amount of certifications/training this year too. Here’s a summary by the numbers…
Though nothing is certain for 2022 (except of course for more pandemic), here’s what I hope to achieve in the new year…
- Spend more time researching and writing. Not going to put a number on it but I’ll know if it I get there.
- Appsec + Offsec + Cloudsec.
- I have a couple open source projects I would like to get off the ground and work on.
- I’m aiming to be much better and more consistent with the Podcast next year.
- I’ve got a few training/cert goals - OSWE and GSE being two of the main ones.
Here’s to 2022!